The health and safety of our customers, employees, and agents are a top priority, and our thoughts are with those impacted by the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) global pandemic. Since it first surfaced, our team has been monitoring the situation closely and taking every precaution to keep our customers, employees, agents, and our communities safe.
With the effects of the outbreak being felt more each day, we wanted to reach out and share what we have been doing so you can continue to do business with your local Farm Bureau agent and the company with confidence.
- We’re encouraging all team members to stay healthy by taking common-sense health precautions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), such as frequent hand washing, using alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol and respecting social distancing. Our corporate and agent offices are cleaned daily, and we recently expanded the types of anti-viral services being used.
- And while we appreciate the incredible dedication of our team members, we’re reminding them to stay home if they are sick and to use our paid time-off options so that they and their families do not suffer financially.
- We have also implemented strict domestic and international travel policies, limited the size of group meetings for our employees, agents and vendor partners, and restricted access to our buildings to prevent the spread of illness.
- We have expanded our work from home options to provide employees with additional flexibility if they are not feeling well and to support them if they are affected by the virus. Our work from home program allows team members to continue to provide excellent service to our customers and agents.
- If the location of a local agent office requires it to be temporally closed, the agent and customer service team members have the capability of providing service from their home office. Customers are encouraged to continue to contact their local agent via email or by telephone. Customers may easily work with their agent and customer service team, both digitally and over the phone, to obtain information on an existing policy, ensure payments and policy changes are handled on a timely basis, report a claim, or obtain a quote.
- In addition, claim reporting and payment processing are available on our website at www.idahofarmbureauinsurance.com/claims. Agent and customer service contact information is also available on our website.
All of these safeguards and precautions are made with you, employees and agents in mind. They are based on recommendations from local, state, and federal health officials whose experts are working tirelessly to safeguard our health. We will continue to follow guidance from health agencies and government officials to maintain a safe work environment and customer service experience for everyone.
Thank you for trusting Farm Bureau for your insurance needs. We look forward to continuing to serve you through the Farm Bureau office in your community, through our website at www.idahofarmbureauinsurance.com, by sending us an email at email@example.com or by calling our customer service hotline at 1-800-574-1514.
Todd D. Argall
Chief Executive Officer
Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company of Idaho